(Adapted from Chapter 7 of The Optimist’s Creed by Gideon Mutai)
In the beginning, the Rubber Band Maker spoke to the Rubber Band saying,
“There are five things you need to know before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and you will become the best Rubber Band you can be.”
1. You have the capability of changing your size, only if you want to.
2. You are never useful till you are stretched.
3. You need to endure the pain of stretching as sometimes, some ruthless persons can threaten to stretch you beyond your elastic limit.
4. You are most useful if stretched to the point of elastic limit.
5. You’ll be held firmly at one point so that you can stretch.
The Rubber Band understood, promising to remember, and went into the
box fully understanding its Maker’s purpose.
Now replacing the place of the Rubber Band with you; always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
1. Change is Permanent; Be flexible.
2. STRETCH BIG, THINK BIG, DREAM BIG.
3. Persevere the Pain of Stretching. There are no gains without pain
5. Be determined even in the face of obstacles.
Everyone is like a Rubber Band…created by the Maker for a unique and special purpose.
By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart and a relationship with our Creator daily.
You were made to do Great Things!